Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just like those steamed chinese buns but i've just changed the ingredients around a bit with whole wheat and oats to make it healthier. the taste is still good though!
- 4 g instant dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, dry
- 2 cups luke-warm water
- Dissolve the yeast in 1 cup water.
- Add the oats and whole wheat flour and mix.
- Add ½ cup of the remaining water.
- Add white flour, continue mixing.
- Add the remaining water (½ cup) (NOTE: the dough is supposed to be slightly sticky and watery, not like normal bread dough, so add more water if it's too dry).
- Place in a warm area (25-35 degrees celsius) and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size or until it has reached the top of the bowl.
- Knead the dough with some more whole wheat flour (it can take awhile since it's sticky) and shape it into a log.
- Divide log into 10 pieces and shape into buns/balls.
- Place buns in steamer and steam on high heat until you see steam coming out.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue steaming for 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!
I am sorry but it taste very bad. And the dough is very hard to work with.