Recipe by mickeydownunder
Trust me, they will never know, true! that this is healthy and delicious too! makes it seem like have slaved away, taste will definately make your family's day!
- 500 g beef
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1 cup onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 stalks celery
- 150 g mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 150 ml Guinness stout
- 250 ml beef stock
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT oil in frying pan and cook chopped carrot,diced onion, sliced mushroom, sliced celery, sage until soft;.
- Transfer to casserole dish.
- Cut beef into 1 - 2 inch pieces.
- COAT beef in flour and add to fry pan; add extra oil if needed; BROWN.
- ADD to casserole dish.
- COMBINE beef stock and guinness; add to casserole dish; salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours on 150 degrees; stir occasionally.
- TRANSFER cooked meat and vegetables to either 1 pie dish or individual ramekin dishes; TOP with puff pastry; brush with egg wash or milk.
- Piece puff pastry with fork and cook for approximately 25 minutes until golden.