Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I wanted quiche, but couldn't get past all the cream in the filling and butter in the crust. I came up with this. There are so many variations and additions that the possibilities are endless
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
- cook spinach as directed and drain excess water.
- In a bowl mix remaining ingredients, except shredded swiss.
- Add cooked spinach and mix well.
- transfer to pie plate.
- add shredded cheese on top.
- bake at 350 degrees for 40 minute or until top is light brown and knife comes out clean.
- serve warm and enjoy.
This is now one of my favorite brunch dishes! The first time I made it, it was a little salty. So, I now use garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I also leave out the nutmeg just as a personal preference. I love that it is healthier than traditional brunch pies. Thanks for posting!
This was really good, but my husband and I thought the nutmeg was a little too strong. I will reduce it next time I make it.
This was really quick, simple and flavoursome.the seasonings were spot on.However i didn't find it substantial for the main meal.But would certainly make it again as a side dish,possibly with some finely cubed ham.