Recipe by Miss A.T.K.
I wanted quiche, but couldn't get past all the cream in the filling and butter in the crust. I came up with this. There are so many variations and additions that the possibilities are endless
Top Review by jjnnew
This is now one of my favorite brunch dishes! The first time I made it, it was a little salty. So, I now use garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I also leave out the nutmeg just as a personal preference. I love that it is healthier than traditional brunch pies. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup lowfat parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat swiss cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- cook spinach as directed and drain excess water.
- In a bowl mix remaining ingredients, except shredded swiss.
- Add cooked spinach and mix well.
- transfer to pie plate.
- add shredded cheese on top.
- bake at 350 degrees for 40 minute or until top is light brown and knife comes out clean.
- serve warm and enjoy.