Recipe by FirstChoiceHealthyFoods
Delicious way to eat spinach. You can substitute the cottage cheese for part-skim ricotta cheese and the two laughing cow cheese wedges for ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese.
Top Review by loof
These spinach cakes are terrific! I subbed parmesan for the laughing cow as you suggested in your intro, otherwise made as directed. I sprinkled a bit of crushed red pepper flakes on top when I served it; I would probably use that instead of black pepper in the mixture next time. Easy to make, savory and delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 2365.9 ml fresh spinach
- 118.29 ml low fat cottage cheese
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add cottage cheese (ricotta cheese), laughing cow cheese, eggs, garlic, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among cups to very top.
- Bake spinach cakes until set, about 25 minutes. Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.