1 hr 30 mins
This is one of my bf favorite dishes with a healthy twist. We did the math and this ends up about 380 per serving (2 stuffed noodles). Enjoy sans guilt!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes (drained)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 3 hot Italian turkey sausage (removed from casing and crumbled)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (packed)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti (cooked)
- 1Combine onion, green pepper, garlic, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, thyme, basil, oregano, red pepper in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. When heated through reduce heat to low and cover. (simmer about 1 hour).
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3Heat teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet and saute spinach until wilted. Set aside to cool. When cool chop the spinach.
- 4Add sausage to skillet spinach was in and cook until browned. Drain.
- 5In a bowl, combine spinach, cheeses, sausage.
- 6Place a layer of sauce in the bottom of a 13 by 9 pan.
- 7Stuff noodles with cheese, spinach, and sausage and place in pan.
- 8Top with the rest of the sauce.
- 9Bake 350 for 30 to 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Manicotti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Manicotti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Spinach and Sausage Stuffed Manicotti
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.1
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 615.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot Italian turkey sausage