Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This snack/appetizer is delicious and guiltless! Tastes great with pita chips.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil, over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add one bag of spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Repeat with the remaining bag of spinach. Let the mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Place the remaining olive oil, spinach mixture, cannellini beans, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
I made this last weekend for a healthier option and it was delicious. I also added a little cumin. Thanks for this one.