1/1 Photo of Healthy Spicy Black Bean Cakes With Guacamole
Healthy vegetarian meal, with a lot of flavor. You can eat it over a bed of lettuce or with corn tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 medium avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chipolte pepper, in adobo suace
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Stir in lime juice; season to taste with pepper and cumin. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 2Place torn bread in a food processor. Cover and process until bread turns into coarse crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- 3Place cilantro and garlic in the food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add the beans, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce, and cumin. Cover and process until beans are coarsely chopped and mixture begins to pull away from the side of the bowl or container.
- 4Add mixture to bread crumbs. Add egg, combine, and shape into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- 5Lightly grease the rack of a grill pan. Place patties on the rack. Cook over medium-high heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until patties are heated through, turning once.
- 6To serve, top patties with guacamole and tomato.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Spicy Black Bean Cakes With Guacamole
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.0
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 94.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.0 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: