Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great way to start the day! a balanced ratio of protein, carbs, and fats. Easy to make and good for you too.
- 2⁄3 cup diced potato
- 2 tablespoons diced green peppers
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 slice fat free cheese
- in small skillet, add oil, potatoes, onion and green peppers. cook on medium heat until golden brown.
- while potatoes are cooking, in small bowl add eggs, milk, chili powder, pepper, cumin and whisk until blended well.
- lightly coat a non-stick omelet pan with cooking spray and heat on medium heat.
- pour eggs into pan and cook until firm.
- flip omelet and cook the other side, place cheese on one side and add salsa, fold omelet onto plate.
- serve with potatoes.