Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Discovered this recipe years ago in a church cookbook and have been making it ever since. The recipe calls for 2 lbs. of frying chicken cut up, but I typically make it with boneless, skinless chicken breast. The grandchildren love it. The chicken bakes up nicely-- tender, juicy, and just, plain good.
- 2 lbs frying chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 pinch pepper
- Combine breadcrumbs and spices in paper bag.
- Brush chicken with water.
- Place pieces of chicken in paper bag (a few at a time); shake to coat.
- Place on non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender.
This was very good! I added more paprika. It tasted almost like shake n bake to me. Will make this again. Made for Newest Zaar Tag Game 2010.