Recipe by LightLisha
This is a combo of several recipes that I made up to get a recipe a bit healthier, super soft, and vegan.
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup shortening, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare egg substitute:.
- Combine ground flax seed and soy milk.
- Microwave about 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir until mixture thickens to egg consistency.
- Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
- Stir in egg substitute and molasses.
- stir in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill till firm (2 hours).
- Roll dough into small balls and coat with white sugar.
- Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes (soy flour makes cookies brown faster).
- Leave on sheet until set.