3 hrs 30 mins
This is a combo of several recipes that I made up to get a recipe a bit healthier, super soft, and vegan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup margarine or 3/4 cup shortening, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar or 1 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1/3 cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Prepare egg substitute:.
- 3Combine ground flax seed and soy milk.
- 4Microwave about 1 minute.
- 5Remove from microwave and stir until mixture thickens to egg consistency.
- 7Cream together shortening and brown sugar.
- 8Stir in egg substitute and molasses.
- 9stir in dry ingredients and mix well.
- 10Cover and chill till firm (2 hours).
- 11Roll dough into small balls and coat with white sugar.
- 12Place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 13Bake for 9-10 minutes (soy flour makes cookies brown faster).
- 14Leave on sheet until set.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Soft Molasses Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 1.3 g