Recipe by RedVinoGirl
An easy, super tasty weeknight dinner from Cooking LIght that even toddlers will adore! Can be grilled or seared in a frying pan. The original recipe calls for chicken thigh's. The cabbage is a MUST!
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
A very refreshing change from the usual overly-loaded, messy taco. These are clean, crisp from the cabbage and very good! You're right about the cabbage, it's a MUST! I followed this recipe exactly with the exception of using flour tortillas instead of corn. Great lunch today, this will be a regular! Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- cooking spray
- 12 (6 inch) white corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, reduced fat, shredded (such as Tillamook)
- low-fat sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub spice mixture over chicken.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 5 minutes; chop.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Divide chicken evenly among tortillas; top each tortilla with 2 tablespoons cabbage and 1 teaspoon cheese. Serve with sour cream, if desired.