12 hrs 45 mins
Chef #639886's Note:
This recipe was created by tweaking a traditional oatmeal cranberry cookie recipe and uses healthy ingredients like coconut oil and whole wheat flour. By using extra virgin coconut oil the flavor and smell are amazing!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup craisins
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/4 cups cane sugar or 1 1/4 cups sucanat
- 3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons whey or 6 tablespoons cultured buttermilk
- 3 cups warm water
- 11. Soak flour and oats in warm water and whey or buttermilk for 12-24 hours.
- 22. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 33. Mix the wet ingredients into the flour and oats mixture.
- 44. Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- 55. Mix the two together and add the craisins.
- 66. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- 77. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Soaked Oatmeal Cranberry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 251.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 90.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: