Prep 12 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was created by tweaking a traditional oatmeal cranberry cookie recipe and uses healthy ingredients like coconut oil and whole wheat flour. By using extra virgin coconut oil the flavor and smell are amazing!!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup craisins
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups cane sugar or 1 1⁄4 cups sucanat
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons whey or 6 tablespoons cultured buttermilk
- 3 cups warm water
- 1. Soak flour and oats in warm water and whey or buttermilk for 12-24 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3. Mix the wet ingredients into the flour and oats mixture.
- 4. Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- 5. Mix the two together and add the craisins.
- 6. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.
- 7. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
I think I was expecting more of a bar cookie, but really it turned out to be like baked oatmeal. The texture was better on day 2 and I ate it for breakfast.