Recipe by ElleFirebrand
A lighter, slightly healthier version of the classic cookies. Modified from a Cooking Light recipe.
Top Review by katiebabe1289
Great recipe! I made it exactly as written except I noticed as someone else mentioned that my second batch (I got 16 onto a tray and then 9 more from one batch) had time to "fluff up" while the first batch was baking and were a bit softer and fuller. Maybe just letting the batter rest 5 minutes is a good idea. But overall very tasty and very easy!
- 3⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or more if desired)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine 3/8 cup sugar, 1/3 cup brown sugar and butter in bowl. Beat with a mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking power, 1/4 tsp cinnamon and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine. Add flour mixture to butter mixture. Shape dough into 24 balls.
- Combine 1/8 cup granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Roll balls in sugar mixture and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Flatten cookies with a glass.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 6 minutes. Cool on pan for 1 minute and then remove from pan to finish cooling on wire rack.