Prep 1 hr
Cook 8 hrs
Healthy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- 4 lbs pork shoulder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Slice a large sweet onion into discs and drop them into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the pork loin on all sides with salt and pepper and place it on top of the onions in the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low for six to eight hours or until the pork is falling apart.
- About an hour before you want to eat, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, hot sauce and water in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Heat to boiling and boil one minute.
- With two forks, shred the pork and mix in the onions.
- Pour about a cup of the sauce over the pork (or to taste) and use the fork to mix it inches Reserve the remaining sauce to serve with the pork sandwiches.
- Cover and continue to cook for another 30 to 45 minutes. Serve on a roll with the remaining barbecue sauce and your favorite sides.