This Sloppy Joe recipe is tasty, filling, and packed with veggies! It's a slightly tweaked Cooking Light recipe.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup carrot, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 8 ounces ground round
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- black pepper
- hot sauce
- Combine ketchup and next 8 ingredients (ketchup through hot sauce), set aside.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and next 7 ingredients (mushrooms through ground round); saute 5 minutes until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in ketchup mixture; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns.