1/1 Photo of Healthy Sloppy Joes
This Sloppy Joe recipe is tasty, filling, and packed with veggies! It's a slightly tweaked Cooking Light recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup carrot, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 8 ounces ground round
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- black pepper
- hot sauce
- 1Combine ketchup and next 8 ingredients (ketchup through hot sauce), set aside.
- 2Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and next 7 ingredients (mushrooms through ground round); saute 5 minutes until meat is browned, stirring to crumble.
- 3Stir in ketchup mixture; bring to a boil.
- 4Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve on toasted hamburger buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.0
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 247.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 30.7 g