Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Ok, not really key lime unless you use actual key lime juice but that's hard to find everywhere but southern Florida. But this goes in the same vein as my other recipes on making your own yogurt cups-- don't pay for artificial colors and flavors when you can control the content! I recommend using Greek yogurt or heavily strained plain yogurt for this not just for the creamy consistency, but because the main flavanoid here is purely liquid instead of a semi-solid like pumpkin, so normal plain yogurt would get too watery.
- 1 cup plain yogurt (preferably low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- Mix all the ingredients together well, then serve and enjoy.
- Sun Crystals make a good sub for the sugar (about 1 tsp, that's what I use but the database doesn't recognize it), feel free to add some green food coloring to make it look like commercial key lime pie.
I made homemade yogurt yesterday and thought I would try this since I had both key limes and sun crystals. This is pretty good!