- 1 lb shrimp, frozen, cooked (31/40 ct.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika, smoked or sweet
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or more if you like the heat)
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 green onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw shrimp according to package instructions; reserve in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and hot pepper flakes. Cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in rice until grains are shiny and coated. Pour in tomato juice, broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to medium and simmer 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and stir in corn and green pepper. Cover again and cook 5 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in shrimp and cook,, covered, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutesbefore serving. Squeeze lemon juice from lemon over rice and garnish with green onions.