Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Here is my famous jambalaya.
Make and share this Healthy Shrimp Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch green onion, CHOPPED
- 1 green pepper, CHOPPED
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, UNDRAINED
- 1 (14 ounce) package low-fat sausage
- 1 cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 lb shrimp
- Melt butter in large skillet and brown onion, green pepper, and garlic until tender.
- blend in all remaining ingredients except shrimp and rice.
- bring to a boil,then reduce heat and begin to simmer; add shrimp and rice.
- simmer for thirty to forty-five minutes, until water has boiled off, shrimp is cooked, and the jambalaya has a paste-like consistency. You will have to stir this fairly often to keep the rice from burning.