1/1 Photo of Healthy Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo
Modified a combination of recipes to create this delicious meal! Can substitute skim milk to lower the fat even more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onions or 1/2 cup shallot, coarsely chopped
- 12 ounces medium shrimp, thawed (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes or 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- pepper (optional)
- 1Begin boiling the water for the pasta.
- 2Melt butter in a large (about 10") skillet until sizzling.
- 3Add pasta to the water.
- 4Add onion, shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper to the skillet.
- 5Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp turn pink (about 6-7 minutes).
- 6While the shrimp and pasta are cooking, put all ingredients for the alfredo sauce (except pepper) in a blender and puree until smooth.
- 7Pour contents of blender in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to boil.
- 8Lower the alfredo sauce to low and stir frequently, adding pepper if desired.
- 9Strain the pasta if fully cooked and return to the saucepan.
- 10Add the shrimp mixture to the pasta, then pour the alfredo sauce on top. Mix well.
- 11If extra flavor is desired, feel free to add any of the cajun spices listed above.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Shrimp and Pasta Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 140.7 mg
- Sodium 1159.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g