Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Modified a combination of recipes to create this delicious meal! Can substitute skim milk to lower the fat even more.
- 226.79 g uncooked linguine or 226.79 g fettuccine pasta
- 29.58 ml butter
- 118.29 ml onions or 118.29 ml shallot, coarsely chopped
- 340.19 g medium shrimp, thawed (peeled and deveined)
- 236.59 ml green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground pepper
- 354.88 ml grape tomatoes or 354.88 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 113.39 g fat free cream cheese
- 236.59 ml milk
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese or 59.14 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- pepper (optional)
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- white pepper (optional)
- ground black pepper (optional)
- Begin boiling the water for the pasta.
- Melt butter in a large (about 10") skillet until sizzling.
- Add pasta to the water.
- Add onion, shrimp, bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper to the skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp turn pink (about 6-7 minutes).
- While the shrimp and pasta are cooking, put all ingredients for the alfredo sauce (except pepper) in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour contents of blender in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just starts to boil.
- Lower the alfredo sauce to low and stir frequently, adding pepper if desired.
- Strain the pasta if fully cooked and return to the saucepan.
- Add the shrimp mixture to the pasta, then pour the alfredo sauce on top. Mix well.
- If extra flavor is desired, feel free to add any of the cajun spices listed above.
This is a Keeper, family just loved it. I did cut the bell pepper to 1/2 cup because that was all I had on hand but I also added some broccoli flowerets, mushroom, and fresh parsley. Served it with nice salad and garlic bread. OM family said keep this one around.
This is a great recipe, it was quick and tasted awesome. I like to add extra veggies when I can so I added mushrooms and broccoli. Thanks for the great healthy recipe.
This was so delicious! I really enjoyed this dish. The instructions don't specify when to add the tomatoes, so I just tossed them in the pot at the end when tossing the pasta, shrimp and sauce together. I think it would have better if I had cooked them in the skillet with the onion, shrimp, bell pepper and seasonings though. But even so, it was a deslicious recipe. Thanks for sharing your recipe, xpbowling. Made for Fall 2011 Pick-A-Chef.