1/3 Photos of Healthy Sesame Chicken
This is my all-time favorite low-fat, low-cal recipe. I got it from a great cookbook, More Healthy Homestyle Cooking, and I have to say that this recipe is worth the price of the book! For more crunch and color, you can cook some red pepper and trimmed snow peas for 4 minutes in the skillet before adding the chicken. I like it just the way it is, though, served over rice. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup unbleached flour or 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 inch 4 inch strips
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1In a gallon-size plastic bag, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Add chicken, seal bag, and shake well to coat.
- 3Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and warm over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken to skillet and cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- 5Transfer to a plate.
- 6Reduce heat to medium.
- 7Combine soy sauce and sugar in the skillet.
- 8Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- 9Add oil and sesame seeds.
- 10Add chicken and chives.
- 11Toss and serve immediatedly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.7
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 814.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 27.4 g