Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A low-fat, heart healthy version of this traditional comfort food, courtesy of SparkPeople.com.
Top Review by 1008977
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting this to be good...maybe because it is low-fat but actually they turned out really well. I think it would taste better with the full fat stuff but it is still really really good
- 946.36 ml thinly sliced raw potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 14.79 ml chopped parsley (optional)
- 44.37 ml whole grain wheat flour
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 7.39 ml salt
- 44.37 ml low-cholesterol margarine
- 354.88 ml skim milk (or unsweetened soy milk and vegan margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer potatoes and onions in casserole, sprinkling flour and fresh parsley between each layer.
- Heat milk and margarine and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over all layers.
- Bake 1 hour covered at 350°F Remove cover and bake additional 30 minutes.