Recipe by Karen=^..^=
A low-fat, heart healthy version of this traditional comfort food, courtesy of SparkPeople.com.
Top Review by 1008977
To be honest, I wasn't really expecting this to be good...maybe because it is low-fat but actually they turned out really well. I think it would taste better with the full fat stuff but it is still really really good
- 4 cups thinly sliced raw potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- 3 tablespoons whole grain wheat flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons low-cholesterol margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk (or unsweetened soy milk and vegan margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer potatoes and onions in casserole, sprinkling flour and fresh parsley between each layer.
- Heat milk and margarine and season with salt and pepper. Pour sauce over all layers.
- Bake 1 hour covered at 350°F Remove cover and bake additional 30 minutes.