Recipe by Annacia
Plain yogurt adds the creamy texture to the garlic-lemon dressing, tossed with greens and parmesan cheese, then topped with broiled salmon. Times given do not include 30 mins chill time.
Top Review by Stephanie Z.
I love, love, loved the creamy/tangy dressing on this salad! It went great alongside the flavors of salmon, parmesan, and olives (I used kalamata). I made this as 1 serving. In cutting down the qty of ingredients, I wasn't able to use my food processor to mix the little amount of dressing, so I decided to just make 4 servings of dressing. This worked out much better. Now I have leftover dressing for salads the rest of the week! I think that the dressing would also be great with shrimp or in a wrap. Thanks Annacia!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 12 ounces boneless salmon fillets (1 inch thick fresh or frozen skinless)
- nonstick spray coating
- 10 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Cook and stir garlic in hot oil for 1 minute or until garlic is lightly golden.
- Transfer garlic to a blender container.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, water, and pepper.
- Cover; blend until combined.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of garlic mixture; set aside.
- Add yogurt to remaining garlic mixture in blender.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Chill until serving time.
- Thaw salmon, if frozen.
- Rinse salmon; pat dry.
- Brush the reserved garlic mixture evenly over salmon.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick coating.
- Place the salmon on the rack.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss romaine, onion, and Parmesan cheese with the chilled yogurt mixture.
- Divide romaine mixture among 4 salad plates. Place one salmon fillet on each salad.
- Top with tomatoes and, if desired, olives.