1/1 Photo of Healthy Salmon Salad
Plain yogurt adds the creamy texture to the garlic-lemon dressing, tossed with greens and parmesan cheese, then topped with broiled salmon. Times given do not include 30 mins chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 12 ounces boneless salmon fillets (1 inch thick fresh or frozen skinless)
- nonstick spray coating
- 10 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved (optional)
- 1In a small saucepan heat olive oil over medium-low heat.
- 2Cook and stir garlic in hot oil for 1 minute or until garlic is lightly golden.
- 3Transfer garlic to a blender container.
- 4Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, water, and pepper.
- 5Cover; blend until combined.
- 6Reserve 2 tablespoons of garlic mixture; set aside.
- 7Add yogurt to remaining garlic mixture in blender.
- 8Cover and blend until smooth.
- 9Chill until serving time.
- 10Thaw salmon, if frozen.
- 11Rinse salmon; pat dry.
- 12Brush the reserved garlic mixture evenly over salmon.
- 13Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 14Spray the unheated rack of a broiler pan with nonstick coating.
- 15Place the salmon on the rack.
- 16Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, turning once.
- 17Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss romaine, onion, and Parmesan cheese with the chilled yogurt mixture.
- 18Divide romaine mixture among 4 salad plates. Place one salmon fillet on each salad.
- 19Top with tomatoes and, if desired, olives.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Salmon Salad
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.1 mg
- Sodium 222.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 22.7 g