Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great spin on Salmon that you can take anywhere and snack on at anytime!!
- 2 (14 3/4 ounce) cans pink salmon, drained skin and bones removed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine ingredients and mix well. If the mixture is too soft, add more oats. If the mixture is too dry add another egg white.
- Shape into cakes.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-45 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with tartar sauce or cocktail sauce.
These were OK. We found them to be dry and a bit bland. I think minced jalapeno might enhance the flavor. Made for PAC Fall 2012.
I Made these for a pot luck tonight. People like them. Had I not made a double batch there would have been no leftover. They DEFINITELY needed the tartar sauce as they were a little dry, however I did add extra oatmeal.....next time I won't do that. I love that they looked like little oatmeal cookies. I like that they are baked...no muss, no fussing over a skillet, no grease. I saved a little back and later cooked it in a skillet with just a kiss of canola oil. This created the nice crust that many people like and were more like 'traditional' salmon patties.