1/1 Photo of Healthy Salmon Corn Chowder
This is creamy good, yet low fat and good for you.This chowder is easy to make and requires only one pot. The salmon comes out tender and sweet. Use your favourite cheese, but gouda is extra special. Add 1/4 tsp Harissa(chili paste) for a special taste sensation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onions, garlic and celery for 3 minutes.
- 2Add the potatoes, carrots, milk, chicken broth and cook stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- 3Add corn last 5 minutes.
- 4Stir cornstarch with water; add to chowder to thicken it.
- 5At this point add salmon and let it poach a few minutes being careful no to overcook it.
- 6Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- 7Serve piping hot in bowls and sprinkle with your favourite cheese.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Salmon Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.5
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 895.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 31.4 g