Melanie B.'s Note:
Since my husband started eating healthier during the last year or two, I have been attempting to live up to the challenge of cooking great healthy food that is high in flavor, and inexpensive. This one is very yummy, healthy, and fills your belly on a budget.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light or 1/2 cup fat, free
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted with skin and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 1In a large bowl, place the salmon, bread crumbs, 3 minced scallions, 1/4 cup mayonnaise, egg substitute, dill, hot sauce, and 1/2 of one of the bell peppers (minced). Mix together until well incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2Shape the mixture into 4 even sized patties.
- 3Spray a skillet with non-stick spray and add patties, cooking at medium high heat. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Remove and place on a platter or four plates.
- 4In a food processor, pulse the red bell pepper, remaining mayonnaise, pepperoccini, and season with salt and pepper. Place a dallop on the top of each salmon cake. Sprinkle remaining scallions on top to serve.
- 5This is a very healthy meal. If you prefer, feel free to add full fat mayo, a real egg (instead of the substitute), and olive oil instead of the non-stick spray.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.4
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.3 mg
- Sodium 486.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 24.6 g