Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious and healthy salmon burger that is easy to make. It is great served with a salad, and makes a tasty sandwich filling the next day.
- 320 g canned red salmon, drained
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl combine the salmon, ricotta, spring onions, zucchini, lemon juice and rind, and egg. Mix well, then form into 4 burgers.
- In a sperate bowl, mix together the wheatgerm and sesame seeds. Then roll the burgers in this mixture, ensuring they are fully coated, and place on a plate and put in the fridge for 1/2 an hour.
- Cook the burgers in a hot, non-stick frying pan for about 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with your favourite salad, or in a burger or wrap.