Recipe by Chef Doozer
I got this recipe from the book "Saving Dinner". My family just gobbled it up and my husband said the recipe was a keeper. They had no idea the oats were in there or other healthy things. :) It makes a great easy dinner and I've even served it to company.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup oats (yes, oatmeal, just dry)
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, any variety
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 cups rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook beef until browned and crumbled.
- Drain grease.
- Add oats to beef and stir well to incorporate.
- Add spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, and rigatoni to the beef and mix well.
- In a casserole dish, add your rigatoni mixture and top with mozzarella and romano cheeses.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
- Hint: I usually use a full pound of meat and 2% cottage cheese.