Recipe by AmbyDawn
Got this from Fitness magazine (July 2003). The difference between this tart and others similar that I've had is the crust. Delicious!!! I used splenda and fat-free cream cheese for even less guilt (alright, I did it so I could eat more...)but it's hardly a splurge if you go full-on. Of course, I'd never substitute good, old-fashioned butter. This tart is really pretty, and can be used with most any in-season fruit. Enjoy!
- 40 reduced-fat honey graham crackers (10 "sheets")
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg white
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled,sliced and halved
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F Crush grahams in food processor into fine consistency Add sugar, butter and egg white, mix briefly to moisten mixture Coat bottom of tart pan with cooking spray and press mixture onto bottom and sides of pan, trying to maintain uniform thickness Bake 8 minutes or until edges are golden brown Cool crust while preparing filling In large bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth Spread on bottom of tart Arrange kiwi in slightly overlapping slices around edge of tart, filling center with raspberries Wrap in plastic and chill Bring jelly and 1 tbsp.
- water to boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring frequently Cool 10 minutes Brush glaze over fruit Chill for 30 minutes.