Recipe by puppitypup
I'm gathering lower-fat and lower-sugar recipes for my new healthy eating program. This one from Taste of Home tickled my fancy.
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups chopped red apples (unpeeled)
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- sugar substitute equivalent to 2 t sugar (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine raisins and boiling water. let stand for 5 minutes, drain.
- combine raisins, apples, celery and lemon juice; toss.
- Combin yogurt, pudding mix, and sweetener if desired. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in walnuts.