Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have adapted this recipe from #120465 and made it healthier.
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line 12-15 muffin cups with liners.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
GREAT muffins. I only had 1 banana, so I used 1/2 cup of applesauce to compensate. The muffin size is quite generous. I will be making these again, as I have a large bag of coconut to use up, and these muffins were such a hit! Thanks!