Recipe by Summers
This is a recipe I found on MealsandMovesblog.com and tweeked to my liking. A great low carb, low cal, high protein shake with a thick consistency similar to a Wendy's frosty. You will feel like you are cheating on your diet! PB2 is a peanut butter and cocoa powder that can be found in the health food section. It is made by Bell Plantation Inc., if you need to google it. I found it at my local Kroger grocery in the health food section. If you can't get it try substituting a tablespoon of low fat peanut butter and a tablespoon of dark cocoa powder. You may have to adjust those amounts and add a little more sweetener to get it right. Note: The nutritional info doesn't include the PB2 and Xanthan Gum. Together they add 50 calories, 7g carbs, 2g fiber, 3g sugar, 113g sodium, 1g fat (0 sat fat, 0 trans fat), 4g protein.
- 2 cups ice, crushed
- 2 tablespoons PB2 powdered peanut butter (with premium chocolate)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon xanthan gum (key ingredient! This gives the creamy texture that makes it like a frosty instead of icy texture)
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened almond milk (regular or vanilla, your preference)
- 5 tablespoons chocolate protein powder (I use one scoop Jay Robb's egg white protein powder)
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute