Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
this salad is packed with nutrition and good for a side dish and balanced enough for a main dish.
Make and share this Healthy Quinoa Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers (chopped)
- 1 1⁄4 cups grape tomatoes (diced)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese (diced)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cook quinoa according to directions on your package (usually 1cup quinoa to 2 cups water).
- after quinoa is cooked let cool about 10 minute and mix together the rest of the ingredients. serve chilled.
I agree with Tinkerbell, this salad has a lot of potential. I also added some olive oil to dress the salad. The lime juice adds a nice brightness. Next time I may use the zest as well for added flavor. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
A really good base recipe that has lots of potential. The fresh lime was great, but after tasting, I felt it was missing a little something as far as dressing goes. I added a splash of rice wine vinegar that gave it a little more zing, and next time I think I'll try a bit of olive oil as well. Thanks for sharing, HealthyGFdad! Made & enjoyed for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef event.
Yum! Nice bright flavor which I really enjoyed. I steamed the broccoli for about 3 minutes. After eating a little, I added a touch of red wine vinaigrette. Thanks! Made for PAC Spring 2012.