1/1 Photo of Healthy Quinoa and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
1 hr 5 mins
A healthy twist on stuffed peppers! I served these with mashed cauliflower - yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup quinoa (or 1/2 cup quinoa and 1/2 cup bulgar wheat)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 6 bell peppers (I use three green, three red)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese (I used parmesan and asiago blend)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15-17 minutes until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3Meanwhile, cut the tops off of the bell peppers, remove the seeds and set aside in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Chop the tops of the peppers (will add to the meat mixture later).
- 4Heat the olive oil over medium high heat in a large sauce pan and saute the garlic.
- 5Add chopped onions and peppers. Saute 2-3 minutes.
- 6Add the ground turkey, worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the pan. Cook until the meat is browned.
- 7Add the tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed (5 minutes).
- 8Add the cooked quinoa to the meat mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- 9Fill each pepper with the mixture. Cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 10After 25 minutes, top each pepper with italian cheese. Cook five more minutes (cheese will melt and begin to brown).
- 11Serve immediately :) Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Quinoa and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.6
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 54.6 mg
- Sodium 505.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 23.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: