1/1 Photo of Healthy Pumpkin Pomegranate Muffins
Needed something to use up the rest of a can of pumpkin. Pomegranate seeds were left over from a salad recipe. A lucky - and tasty! - coincidence.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Grape-nuts cereal (or similar cereal)
- 1/2 cup sugar or 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk or 1 cup soured milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4-1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3In a second bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- 4Toss pomegranate seeds in the flour mix to coat.
- 5Add wet ingredients to flour mix. Stir until just combined.
- 6Pour into muffin cups. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Let cool before unmolding.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Pumpkin Pomegranate Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (781 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.0
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 165.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: