Recipe by Annacia
I had some pumpkin left in a can from a recipe I made and wanted to find a way to use it. This is what I came up with.
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is a really warming, creamy and tasty way to start the day. I loved it, but next time I would reduce the pumpkin pie spice a tad as I found it quite dominant. I used 1 ts unrefinded sugar and that was perfect for me.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this keeper, I cant wait to have it again.
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC October 2012.
- 59.14 ml old fashioned oats (rounded 1/4 cup)
- 22.18 ml oat bran
- 118.29-158.51 ml water (depending on how thick you want your cereal)
- 29.58-44.37 ml pumpkin puree
- 2.46 ml pumpkin pie spice (more or less to taste)
- Splenda sugar substitute (or no sugar added maple syrup)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl big enough to allow for cooking expansion place the oats and oat bran.
- Add water and microwave for 1 min 20 seconds and check it.
- If you want it thinned add some more water and microwave for another 30.
- Immediately add the pumpkin and spice and stir it in vigorously to mix well.
- Add as much sweetening as you like.