Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
These super moist and healthy muffins top my list of bran muffin recipies. I have them for breakfast all the time
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat nonstick 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Option: Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl for topping and set aside.
- Blend cereal and milk in large bowl; set aside for 5 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; Mix well.
- Whisk pumpkin, egg, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla into softened cereal. Gently fold into flour mixture just until blended. Do not over mix. Spoon 1/3 cup equal amounts of batter into each muffin cup; sprinkle evenly with pecan chips and reserved cinnamon sugar topping.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire rack 3 minutes before removing muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Don't stir muffin batter too much -- over mixing will make the muffins tough. There should be lumps in the batter; these will disappear during baking.
- Makes 12 muffins.
I was disappointed with these muffins. I love healthy muffins (generally bran muffins are my favorite), but I didn't like these. They were not sweet at all. I agree with one of the others that there didn't seem to be a lot of pumpkin flavor. Sorry, but I won't make these again.
I was really excited when I found this recipe because I love pumpkin and have been looking for a good, healthy muffin recipe. I didn't do the sugar/cinnamon for topping, and perhaps that would've helped. These were just very bland and not sweet at all.
These were ok, my 2 year old loved them. I love pumpkin but was not real impressed with the pumpkin flavor in these.