1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Wishing Barbie's Note:
I made up this recipe and whipped it up the night before Thanksgiving, it was great! It's about as healthy as a pie can possibly be! Only problem was that my crust was soggy, but the packaging gave a suggestion to that, which I have included to keep yours from going soggy. plus it's delicious, low-fat and sugar-free. What more could you ask for in a pie?!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (about 1 3/4c)
- 8 ounces skim milk (has a slight taste) or 8 ounces low-fat soymilk (has a slight taste)
- 3 egg whites
- 2/3 reduced fat graham cracker crust (take off the sides of the crust and discard)
- 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg whites, for the crust
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Mix pumpkin, milk, and egg whites until smooth.
- 3Gradually stir in Splenda (1/4 cup at a time).
- 4Add the pumpkin pie spice; taste and add more if need be.
- 5Pour into crust** and spread evenly.
- 6Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes (may vary depending on ovens).
- 7Let cool and serve your favorite way.
- 8**To make to crust less likely to turn soggy (like mine), beat some egg whites and brush over the crust and bake at 350°F for about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for " Healthy" Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 36.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.5 mg
- Sodium 51.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced fat graham cracker crust