Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I made up this recipe and whipped it up the night before Thanksgiving, it was great! It's about as healthy as a pie can possibly be! Only problem was that my crust was soggy, but the packaging gave a suggestion to that, which I have included to keep yours from going soggy. plus it's delicious, low-fat and sugar-free. What more could you ask for in a pie?!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (about 1 3/4c)
- 8 ounces skim milk (has a slight taste) or 8 ounces low-fat soymilk (has a slight taste)
- 3 egg whites
- 2⁄3 reduced fat graham cracker crust (take off the sides of the crust and discard)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- pumpkin pie spice
- 2 egg whites, for the crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix pumpkin, milk, and egg whites until smooth.
- Gradually stir in Splenda (1/4 cup at a time).
- Add the pumpkin pie spice; taste and add more if need be.
- Pour into crust** and spread evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 350°F and bake for another 45 minutes (may vary depending on ovens).
- Let cool and serve your favorite way.
- **To make to crust less likely to turn soggy (like mine), beat some egg whites and brush over the crust and bake at 350°F for about 5 minutes.
Great tasting pie. I'm planning on making this pie again!
Amazing. I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I used 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon cloves. Really great straight from the oven.
The recipe could be a little more informative, but the pie turned out wonderful I LOVED IT!