Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
Adapted from a recipe on a can of pumpkin. They are low in fat, so don't use paper liners--they stick!
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Stir together flours, sugar, spices, baking powder and soda.
- In a separate bowl stir together milk, egg white, oil, and pumpkin.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir just until mixed.
- Pour into muffin cups.
- Stir together topping ingredients and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
These turned out pretty good, but a little bland. The texture was great, though--however, I did make a couple modifications: 4T sugar became 2T sugar and 1T molasses 1 tsp cinnamon, etc. became 1T pumpkin pie spice + 1T cinnamon + 1 tsp nutmeg I used 2c whole-wheat pastry flour I added 2T nonfat plain yogurt (I think this really helped the texture). However, I think it was missing some salt. It also could have done with some more sugar/spices. But overall, not a bad recipe. I plan to experiment more in the future.
They came out very rubbery and tasted very "low-fat." A good hearty snack though, but not what I am looking for in a muffin. I did use all whole wheat flour as it is what I had, but I am wondering if that made the difference.