Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A healthier verson of pumpkin cake!
Make and share this Healthy Pumpkin Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces pumpkin
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, and applesauce.
- Add eggs, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, powder, spices and salt.
- Add these dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, and beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x5 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool & frost.
- Frosting: Mix well until smooth.