Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I loved jmelyn's Pumpkin Spice Bread, but made a few changes to lower the fat and calories. It still turned out great, and really moist. The spices are phenomenal!!
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- Heat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugars, water, applesauce, and eggs. Beat until well mixed.
- Combine flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a separate bowl. Stir until combined.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and dust with flour. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan. Cool on cooling rack until fully cooled.
Bread didn't turn out as I thought it would. It tastes great! But it is very sticky after cooking and has a very different texture to it . I know this is not because it is undercooked because I cooked it 65 minutes or longer .
I was disappointed in the results of this bread...it was heavy, tasted like pumpkin pie consistency (kind of mushy). I wonder what I did wrong. : (
Loved this recipe! My DH is not much of fan of pumpkin any more but he loves this recipe. This is a recipe will worth trying.