Recipe by I Can't Believe It's Healthy
These are my favorite fall/winter muffin. This is a mixture of Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bran Muffins and Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (Like Starbucks). Delicious! And these are great, full of protein and fibre. You can feel good eating these! Note: if you arent a cheese fan, you may want to use less cheese. Put in how much looks right to your taste. Also, these are not overly sweet so add more sugar if you wish.
Top Review by gefox3
I made it as stated but my kids said they couldn't taste the pumpkin at all so next time I made them I used half ww flour and half unbleached white flour and replaced about 1/4 c of the milk with olive oil for moistness they needed. Thanks great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (more for a sweeter muffin)
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 ounces fat free cream cheese or 3 -4 ounces light cream cheese, rolled into small balls
- chopped walnuts, to top (optional)
- cinnamon sugar, to top
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and grease 12 standard size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Roll 3-4 ounces cream cheese into little balls (as big as you perfer, and you can roll them in fine sugar if you like, too), and place single layer on wax paper in freezer while preparing rest of recipe.
- Mix cereal and milk in a large bowl and set aside for a few minutes to soften.
- While softening, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
- Whisk pumpkin, egg, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and vanilla together, then stir in cereal and milk.
- Fold wet mixture into dry and add in the cream cheese balls **dont over mix**.
- Fill up each muffin cup, sprinkling the tops with additional cinnamon+sugar, and walnuts.
- Bake 28-38 minutes and cool on cooling rack. Tastes delish warm, but they also refrigerate and freeze well.
- SUGGESTION: Would taste delish with cream cheese icing on top :).