1/2 Photos of Healthy Pumpkin Bran Cream Cheese Muffins
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
These are my favorite fall/winter muffin. This is a mixture of Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bran Muffins and Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (Like Starbucks). Delicious! And these are great, full of protein and fibre. You can feel good eating these! Note: if you arent a cheese fan, you may want to use less cheese. Put in how much looks right to your taste. Also, these are not overly sweet so add more sugar if you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (more for a sweeter muffin)
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 -4 ounces fat free cream cheese or 3 -4 ounces light cream cheese, rolled into small balls
- chopped walnuts, to top (optional)
- cinnamon sugar, to top
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F, and grease 12 standard size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- 2Roll 3-4 ounces cream cheese into little balls (as big as you perfer, and you can roll them in fine sugar if you like, too), and place single layer on wax paper in freezer while preparing rest of recipe.
- 3Mix cereal and milk in a large bowl and set aside for a few minutes to soften.
- 4While softening, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
- 5Whisk pumpkin, egg, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and vanilla together, then stir in cereal and milk.
- 6Fold wet mixture into dry and add in the cream cheese balls **dont over mix**.
- 7Fill up each muffin cup, sprinkling the tops with additional cinnamon+sugar, and walnuts.
- 8Bake 28-38 minutes and cool on cooling rack. Tastes delish warm, but they also refrigerate and freeze well.
- 9SUGGESTION: Would taste delish with cream cheese icing on top :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Pumpkin Bran Cream Cheese Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 368.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g