Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found a recipe similiar to this, but made some changes to make it a little healthier. These muffins have a cakey texture, and are out of this world delicious! I made mine in a larger muffin tin and made 6, but you could make smaller ones if you wished. But they are so wonderful, and great for breakfast, why would you want a small one???
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 cups oats (quick rolled)
- 1 cup prune, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup light butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together the flours, splenda baking powder,salt,wheat germ, and soda. Stir in the oats and prunes.
- Add the buttermilk, butter, molasses, and egg, and stir til mixed. Batter will resemble cake batter. Pour into a non stick muffin tin. Either 6 large muffin size, or 12 small size. Bake until lightly brown and springy. Turn muffins out of pan and allow to cool. Delicious warm or cold.