Recipe by Darrinw2001
Check out this tasty classic made in a much healthier way. Quick and easy and the whole family will enjoy it!
Top Review by MaMa's Apprentice
Great way to sneak some protein into french toast! I also added some flaxseed meal to add to the fiber. My boys (5 & 2) were none the wiser! I will make these again! Thanks!
- 4 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat griddle with cooking spray and set to medium heat.
- In large bowl, combine eggs, milk, protein powder and cinnamon. whisk well.
- Dip each slice of bread into mixture fully coating it and let it absorb the mixture for 5-8 seconds.
- Shake off access egg mixture and place each slice on the grill. cook about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with the maple syrup.