Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've had some health issues recently which require me to eat more protein. One thing to note, make sure to get a natural whey protein powder. I recommend plain flavored or vanilla flavored. I store these in the fridge till ready to eat. One thing to note is that the protein powder is not calculated below. Add 5 more grams of protein per bar totaling 10 grams. You can add more powder if you wish but the overall taste and texture will change. I used Jillian Michaels whey protein powder.
- 1 cup almonds, raw
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, raw
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3⁄4 cup whey protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup raw cacao powder or 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, himalayan pink
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1. Process nuts first till fine.
- 2. Next add dates and process till well combined.
- 3. Add in and blend the protein powder, cacao powder and salt.
- 4. If your mixture is too dry to form into shapes, add just a tiny bit of water at a time and let process up to 10 seconds before adding more. You need just a bit if any.
- 5. Mix the cherries or other dried fruit in by hand.
- 6. Shape into a muffin tin and refrigerate till set.
- 7. If desired, roll in coconut, raw cacao powder or ground flax or oat.