I've had some health issues recently which require me to eat more protein. One thing to note, make sure to get a natural whey protein powder. I recommend plain flavored or vanilla flavored. I store these in the fridge till ready to eat. One thing to note is that the protein powder is not calculated below. Add 5 more grams of protein per bar totaling 10 grams. You can add more powder if you wish but the overall taste and texture will change. I used Jillian Michaels whey protein powder.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Process nuts first till fine.
- 22. Next add dates and process till well combined.
- 33. Add in and blend the protein powder, cacao powder and salt.
- 44. If your mixture is too dry to form into shapes, add just a tiny bit of water at a time and let process up to 10 seconds before adding more. You need just a bit if any.
- 55. Mix the cherries or other dried fruit in by hand.
- 66. Shape into a muffin tin and refrigerate till set.
- 77. If desired, roll in coconut, raw cacao powder or ground flax or oat.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Healthy Protein Bars or Balls
Serving Size: 1 (38 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.8
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 181.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whey protein powder
raw cacao powder