Recipe by Deantini
This is my very own recipe that has developed over the years. I have never actually measured anything - until now - so each time it would be a tad different. It is a bit different in the sense that it has curry in it. Also - the dressing is quite light since there is very little mayo in it and it is mostly based on strained yogurt. I serve the toppings in bowls on the table and each person can customize their salad this way
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white potatoes, cooked, peeled an cubed
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain 1% yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onions, shredded on cheese grater
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon curry
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh grated pepper
- chopped chives or green onion
- halved grape tomatoes
- cubed cucumber
Directions See How It's Made
- strain yogurt in strainer or in a coffee filter placed in a sieve, let the whey run off for about 1 hour. Yogurt will have same consistency as sour cream.
- boil potatoes, peel, let cool and cube. Best used when fairly cold, but I have also used them while still warm if I do not have the time to wait.
- Mix yogurt with mayo, onion, sugar, salt and lemon. Add curry 'to taste' - I use 1/2 tsp but not everybody likes the same amount of curry so add a bit at a time. Mix and add more salt/pepper if needed.
- Add cubed potatoes to mix and let cool.
- Serve with toppings.