Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made with yogurt, egg whites, and optional oil, this is a lower fat potato pancake recipe. These can be friend in a nonstick skillet without oil and in a little broth if desired. If you use oil, extra virgin coconut oil will help you avoid pounds better than olive oil or canola oil will.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- pepper (to taste)
- cooking oil (optional)
- Put eggs whites into medium bowl.
- Grate cooked and peeled potatoes into egg whites in bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Heat skillet with or without cooking oil.
- Pan fry potato cakes, flipping over so they are.
- browned evenly on both sides.