Recipe by MN Momma
I found a similar recipe on food.com #9350 and wanted to change it up a bit to make it healthier. The results were fantastic! Moist and full of flavor. These muffins are loved by my entire family including my super picky 4 year old.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded and squeezed dry)
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg, egg whites, oil, applesauce, sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to batter until just blended. Don't over mix.
- Stir in raisins.
- Pour batter into sprayed muffin tin.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy! These freeze well, if there are any left.