Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
This is a thick soup that is very filling, good, and cheap. Chicken broth can be added to it to make it thinner, however beacuse it is thick, it can be used as a sauce as well; pasta, rice, etc.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- Combine the sugar, water, and cubes in a pot over med heat and mix together until sugar and cubes have dissolved.
- Add the pumpkin and bring to a light simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, and add peanut butter, stir until peanut butter dissolves and it begins to simmer,.
We did not enjoy this recipe.
I altered the recipe a bit and used 1 cup Great Value Chicken broth in the container from Walmart. 2 tablespoons creamy Peanut Butter 1 15 ounce of Pumpkin puree Bragg Amino Acid to taste (salty) Best Pumpkin Soup I have had since I was in Ubud, Bali.
This was easy to make but i would sugest melting the peanut butter in the microwave before adding it to the soup. I thought this was quite delicious in small portions, however too much of this soup can be quite overwhelming. This was a fun recipe and a great twist to include have peanut butter